Even the Non-Golfers Have Fun at this Tournament

"The highlight of 2009 for me was the Bobbi Salmon Scleroderma Benefit Golf Tournament at The Links last July. Was that because of the sunny blue skies that day? Or the fabulous dinner enjoyed after golf? Maybe the excitement, laughter and anticipation for the Silent Auction? Perhaps keeping track of the golf scores? No...it was the tremendous feeling that for that one day, everyone there had heard of my weird (and life-threatening) disease, scleroderma, and I wasn't an oddball. To my complete delight, those crooked fingers of mine, strange skin color and altered facial expressions went unnoticed!! I didn't want to go home! Also, it was truly humbling to see so MANY people from all walks of life, there to contribute their valuable time, golf skills and monies toward finding a cure for this disease that doesn't effect their lives, but mine. I can't WAIT for THIS July's tournament to arrive! Don't miss out!"

Carlene Eneroth
Diagnosed with Scleroderma in  September, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment